Few weeks had passed and "the new guy" was doing pretty well in his new job.
He wasn't making THAT MUCH money, but was able to save most of it...no reasons to spend it.
Got a few friends already: there was Bob, Will, Smitty and Big Pat. They used to hang out together after work... but "the new guy" had remained uninterested 'til that evening...it was a friday. For the first time since he got to England, he decided to spend the night out with the boys..leaving "Missy No" (his banjo) inside her new leather case.
They went to this irish pub full of redheads and people with this strooooooong accent you couldn't get shit of whatever they were saying...but they were friendly, though...
Bob and Smitty were pretty drunk already...Big Pat-who was not so smart,..usually mute... but damn good hearted- got crashed by the Ray of Jehova and was speaking words of wisdom to "the new guy"...
Hey, "new guy"...ya' know what are we all here for?"- he said.
"Cheap beer?????"- he answered.
"Noooooo... I mean- Big Pat insisted- I mean...really...I mean in an existencial way... like fate and shit.."
"The new guy" grabbed a brand new bottle of dark irish beer, took a deep breath, looked at the ceilling and said:"Well, I haven't told anyone this...but I came here by accident...so I don't
really know what I'm here for".
I will tell you something my old senile grandma used to say ( if that's of
any help! ): "Get a horse...get the girl...find a way...and hit the road!!!!"
"Hmmm.. sorry pal... don't even have the horse...and it's been ages since I last had a thaaang with a girl...don't know which way to go...I'm just an urban cowboy without a purpose...I only have my banjo...the moon and a little star in my window at night."
"Well- Big Pat said- that's a pretty good start!!!"
Suggested soundtrack: Stevie Ray Vaughn's Cold Shot.
Saturday, 15 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment